Were you or a loved one hurt by a Mirena IUD or other IUD brand?
Bayer’s Mirena IUDs have allegedly caused organ perforation, device migration and pseudotumor cerebri, as well as other complications. If you or a loved one was injured from a Mirena IUD, you may have a claim as part of a class action lawsuit. We are also assessing other IUD complications from similar IUD devices, including Skyla, Liletta, ParaGard and others for additional class action lawsuits on behalf of women who were affected by defective medical devices.
Why is there a Mirena lawsuit? Are other IUDs included in these lawsuits?
Women across the United States who used the Mirena device suffered very similar and very serious complications. While some of these complications were acknowledged by Bayer, current Mirena class action lawsuits allege that Bayer played down the risks of Mirena IUDs. Thousands of women across the United States have filed lawsuits involving Mirena complications.
Our medical device attorneys are investigating claims related to other IUDs that may have caused similar complications. Class actions involving Mirena do not incorporate other IUD devices so if you believe you may have an IUD injury claim although you did not have a Mirena IUD, we urge you to contact our attorneys working on IUD cases. If we can identify other women who have complications from similar medical devices, we can help to make these devices safer as well as seek compensation in cases where the IUDs caused injury or harm.
What complications have Mirena and similar devices caused?
Women who experience complications from Mirena and other IUDs tend to report many of the same problems after the IUD was implanted. If you or a loved one experienced any of these complications or symptoms after an IUD birth control device was implanted, you may have a birth control IUD lawsuit claim:
- Uterine perforation
- Pseudotumor cerebri
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Ovarian cysts
- Irregular bleeding
- Miscarriages after becoming pregnant while the IUD was in place
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (IIH)
- Migration or Perforation Injury Resulting in Surgical Removal
- Unintended Pregnancy Resulting in Birth Defects or Injury to Mother
- Intestinal perforation
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Vision Loss and Blindness
- Double Vision, Spotted or Blurred Vision
- Severe Headaches and Migraines
- Tinnitus, or a Ringing in the Ears
- Swelling of the Optic Disk (papilledema)
- Back, neck and shoulder pain or breast pain or tenderness
- Feelings of depression or nervousness
- Weight gain
If you have experienced any of these complications after having a Mirena IUD or other device implanted, contact our attorneys today for a free consultation at no cost to you.
Our Medical Device Injury Law Firm – IUD, Birth Control and Mirena Lawyers Fighting for Patient Safety
Emerson Firm, PLLC has extensive experience prosecuting claims on behalf of patients and their families, both in cases of medical device and medication injuries. We believe in the protections of the law and hold doctors, medical staff, hospitals and medical device manufacturers accountable when they’ve harmed patients and their families because of errors.
We know our role as birth control and IUD lawyers is to ensure the voice of patients and their families are heard and our mission is to fight to uphold protections that keep us all safe during medical procedures and care. Our medical device legal team knows the ins and outs of what it takes from experience. We’re also recognized as leaders in the legal industry from various legal communities.
Why are manufacturers being held accountable in IUD lawsuits?
In many of the lawsuits, the claims are the same against Bayer and other IUD manufacturers. To build a strong cause, IUD lawsuits like the Mirena lawsuit intend to prove that manufacturers failed at the following:
- IUD benefits were misrepresented in marketing materials and was intentionally deceptive
- Manufacturers failed to warn women and their families about dangerous side effects of IUD devices and concealed the harmful side effects
- Told women who suffered serious complications they were “uncommon” despite that thousands of women have been victims of the same issues
- Women were not given adequate warnings and instructions before and after the implantation
- Manufacturers intentionally designed, produced, and sold a product that was known to be defective
Drug and medical device manufacturers have to be held accountable in cases where they have abused their positions and failed patients, their medical professionals and their families. If we fail to make manufacturers acknowledge and provide compensation for their errors, they will not change their tactics and will continue to produce intentionally harmful products, cover up serious risks, and abuse patients’ trust—all to make a bigger profit.
What parts make a successful IUD injury lawsuit?
Like many other medical device lawsuits, holding the manufacturer responsible for the harm they’ve caused to you or a loved one requires building a robust, well-documented case to prove that their device caused the harm and that the device was at fault.
Mirena makers and other IUD manufacturers will try to prove that their device wasn’t at fault—and that it was your fault or even your doctor’s. Our goal is to prove that the design of these IUDs was the reason they harmed women and that the manufacturers covered up the problems to take advantage of women seeking medical care. We work with clients to gather together documentation, testimonies, and medical studies to prove the harm was caused by the device, not the victim or their caregivers.
A birth control injury lawyer may be able to help you make your claim and gather together all the information for a IUD lawsuit. Our medical device injury firm offers free initial consultations at no charge to learn about your case and see if we can help you pursue damages.
Successful IUD cases can often recover compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses, both caused by the injury and future expenses for conditions caused by the injury
- Lost wages, even if you could go back to work after recovery
- Loss of earning potential
- Loss of consortium to spouses due to life-changing injuries or death
- Pain and suffering
- Other damages, such as parental support, life’s enjoyment and more
If you believe that you or a loved one were a victim of IUD complications, contact the medical device lawyers at Emerson Firm today to speak with one of our experienced attorneys. Don’t let medical device companies take advantage of their position and hold those accountable who caused your injuries or the injuries of a loved one because of mistakes.
Call us today!